More consumers going online with a mobile phone also means more research, price comparison, and eventually purchasing is also moving into mobile apps. If brand loyalty was hard to cultivate in the age of brick-and-mortar, it’s even more challenging when consumers can move on with a simple swipe.
Businesses can’t afford to lose out on customers disappointed in their mobile experience: Forrester estimated in the next five years, retail sales through a smartphone will grow 18% over the next five years (using a CAGR, or compound annual growth rate), and in 2018 they estimating more than $1 trillion of US retail sales were influenced at some point along the way by a smart phone. Companies looking for competitive edge have no choice but to include premium mobile web development in their strategy – and not just for the consumer-facing portion of their technology plan.
Why Mobile Website Development Services Matter
Clearly businesses have a vested interest in meeting their customers where they are, but internal enterprise solutions should also expend mobile solutions in custom app design and development.
For example, an effective custom application can allow a salesforce to seamlessly work both on the road and in a home office, enabling better productivity as employees travel. They can also cultivate better collaboration across office locations.
Apps can also enable better data analysis, allowing key leaders the ability to access relevant data anywhere, and share information from any location. In practice, this could mean a passing question in the hallway can be answered immediately, improving both collaboration and productivity.
The customer experience also goes beyond simply having an effective user experience, but can also improve with better data reporting to track products through the supply chain and ensure customer questions and requests are answered quickly.
Going Mobile: Some Key Considerations
Whether a business is planning to employ ASP.NET mobile website design or use Java-based mobile applications, a quality development provider approaches mobile design on three levels:
1. Experience: Designers and developers who are experienced in developing applications play a critical role in ensuring cross-platform app tools enable employees and customers and actually execute on the vision for the tool.
2. Business leadership: Mobile app development should mesh with a larger digital strategy
3. IT best practices: Designing an app with a standout user interface is one thing, but designing one that also considers the security and agility requirements is another. The two should go hand-in-hand for an effective digital transformation.
While finding a trusted partner for strategic mobile app development is critical, business leaders also need to be thoughtful about what mobile solutions they need. Some key questions to consider include:
1. In addition to mobile first, what else should be considered? Are Internet of Things (IoT) technologies something that are, or will be, at play? Staying ahead of the technology curve requires businesses to look ahead.
2. What data and systems should be integrated into the app? In order to realize the benefits of a mobile application, businesses need to power it with meaningful data.
3. What flexibility will be needed to accommodate a future state? Technology leaps, business growth, or process adjustments could all impact the design needed in an app. Planning ahead can ensure the flexibility is in place the first time.
4. What compliance standards need to be met? Data security is paramount, for businesses, their customers, and their employees.
5. Who will manage app maintenance and training? For startups with limited IT staff, maintaining an app may not be realistic, and business leaders should have a strategy for maintenance and support at the outset of the transformation.
Ready to explore mobile solutions for your business? TechGenies can help launch your digital transformation, whether its crafting an application development strategy, designing a game-changing user interface, or bolstering the security of a mobile application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to start a conversation about how we can help your business expand their mobile audience.